We all know ultra-runners are a crazy bunch, and we here at Hoka One One New Zealand think this is something that should be celebrated. After all, crazy does!
For your chance to win a discounted entry into the SOLD OUT Tarawera Ultra Marathon 2015 and a Hoka One One prize-pack, we want you to tell us what has been your craziest training day?
Was it the time, when - not wanting to miss a training session – you ventured out in torrential rain only to find yourself cut-off by a rapidly rising river or the time you ran into a rampaging pack of geese on the Northern Tarawera Track?
Already got yourself an entry into the Tarawera Ultra? Not to worry, you can instead choose the option of a Marmot Jacket of equal value in addition to the Hoka One One prize-pack.
To enter, simply describe the events of your craziest training day (or better yet include a photo) and tag your comment with #CrazyDoesNZ under the competition post. See below for full competition Terms & Conditions.
Entries close Sunday December 14th.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entry is open to all eligible New Zealand residents. Hoka One One retailers, employees of Allsports Distribution Ltd, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
2. The competition runs from the 21st November 2014 through till December 14th 2014.
3. To enter, you must describe your “craziest training day” and tag your comment with “#CrazyDoesNZ” beneath the Hoka One One New Zealand Facebook competition post. This must be done before 12pm December 14th 2014.
4. There is a total prize pool of 1 x 90% Discounted Entry into the SOLD OUT Tarawera Ultra Marathon & Hoka Prize Pack OR Marmot product of equal value & Hoka Prize Pack. Subject to availability. Allsports Distribution Ltd reserves the right to substitute the prize without warning.
5. Only the persons who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prizes (“the Winner”).
6. The Winner must be over 18 years of age. If the winner of the prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to their parent or guardian.
7. The Winner will be chosen by a Hoka One One sponsored athlete (still to be confirmed) at the conclusion of the promotion period.
8. The Winner will be announced on the Hoka One One New Zealand Facebook & Twitter pages. Where a winner does not respond to the notice within 48 hours, their prize will be redrawn.
9. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to claim the prize on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
11. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Allsports Distribution Ltd in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
12. By participating, entrants grant Allsports Distribution Ltd exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
13. Allsports Distribution Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process of attempting to act in a fraudulent or otherwise dishonest manner.
14. Entry into the competition implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. All entries and information received by Allsports Distribution Ltd is treated as confidential.
LATOYA SHAUNTAY SNELL has had a busy year. In just 2018, she completed a list of races most people aspire to accomplish within their entire lifetime — Seattle Marathon, Chicago Marathon, New York City Marathon, several half marathons, various 5Ks and 10Ks, a few obstacle-course races and the JAVELINA 100K.
But, she’s nowhere near done yet.